Cold-like symptoms? Phone your regular doctor first (2020/11/30)
If you are any of the following, please call your regular doctor (a doctor who is familiar with your medical history) and ask what you should do.
(1) You have severe symptoms such as breathing difficulty, intense tiredness (fatigue), or high fever. Call your regular doctor immediately and ask what you should do.
(2) You are any of the below. Such people are at high risk of becoming severely ill even if they have relatively mild cold symptoms such as fever and coughing. Call your regular doctor immediately and ask what you should do.
- Have any underlying conditions such as diabetes, heart failure, or respiratory diseases
- On dialysis
- Taking immunosuppressive agents or anti-cancer drugs
(3) If you are none of the above, but have persistent cold-like symptoms, such as fever and cough, call your regular doctor immediately and ask what you should do.
☝Please be sure to phone your regular doctor if symptoms last for four or more days. The same applies if you keep taking medicine to suppress fever.
If you have any concerns about being infected with COVID-19, call your regular doctor as soon as possible and ask what you should do.
If you do not have a regular doctor, contact the dedicated COVID-19 call center (details below). The call center will tell you which hospital or clinic you should contact to. This hotline service is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
When you are sick with something other than COVID-19, do not hesitate to go see a doctor. Not going to a hospital or clinic might increase the risk to your health.
If you are confident in your Japanese abilities, please call the below COVID-19 hotline directly.
- Sekkyoku Gado Daiyaru (Hiroshima City COVID-19 call center)
Hours: 7 days a week, 24 hours
- Ministry of Labour, Health and Welfare (MLHW) Consultation Hotline
Telephone: 0120-565653 (toll-free)
Hours: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm (including weekends and national holidays)
If you are not confident in your Japanese abilities and would like an interpreter, please inquire at one of the help services listed below:
- Hiroshima City Consultation Service for International Residents
Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (excluding national holidays, 8/6 and 12/29 – 1/3)
Languages: Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, English
- Hiroshima Multilingual Living Support for Foreigners (HIC)
Telephone: 0120-783-806 (toll-free)
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm (excluding national holidays),
Saturdays from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm (Note: lines will be closed from 12:00 – 1:00 pm)
Languages: English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Tagalog, Portuguese, Indonesian, Thai, Spanish, Nepalese