Help Desks for Coronavirus
If you are any of the below, before visiting a hospital or clinic, you should get advice on one of the telephone numbers listed below. Calls can only be answered in Japanese.
- You have cold-like symptoms (e.g. coughing, sneezing, phlegm, chest pain, difficulty breathing) for 4 days or more
- You have had a fever of 37.5℃ or higher for 4 days or more (or taking fever-reducing* medicine continuously). *antipyretic
- You feel very tired
- You have difficulty breathing
If you are any of the below, you are at higher risk of a more severe illness. If you are one of these people, and you have the symptoms described above for 2 days or more, call one of the numbers below as soon as possible.
- The elderly
- Pregnant women
- People with diabetes, heart disease, or a respiratory disease. People on dialysis.
- People taking immunosuppressants or anticancer drugs
Please call one of the numbers below (Japanese language only):
❖ Hiroshima City Health Centers (Japanese language) Hours: 8:30 – 17:00, Monday to Friday
- Naka Health Center (Naka Ward) 082-504-2528
- Higashi Health Center (Higashi Ward) 082-568-7729
- Minami Health Center (Minami Ward) 082-250-4108
- Nishi Health Center (Nishi Ward) 082-294-6235
- Asaminami Health Center (Asaminami Ward) 082-831-4942
- Asakita Health Center (Asakita Ward) 082-819-0586
- Aki Health Center (Aki Ward) 082-821-2809
- Saeki Health Center (Saeki Ward) 082-943-9731
- Health Promotion Division, the City of Hiroshima 082-504-2622
* Outside the health centers’ opening hours, please call this number (call center): (082)241-4566.
❖ Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare: Telephone Consultation (Japanese language)
0120-565653 (Toll-free) 9:00 – 21:00, every day of the week
❖ Translation Support
For those who wish to contact a health center but need help in a language other than Japanese, please contact:
Hiroshima City Consultation Services for International Residents
Hours: 9:00 – 16:00 on Monday to Friday (Closed on holidays and August 6)
Languages: Monday to Friday = Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese and English
Tuesday & Friday = Vietnamese
Hiroshima Prefecture’s Counseling Services for Foreign Residents
TEL: 0120-783-806 (Toll Free)
Hours: 8:30 – 19:00 on Monday to Friday (Closed on holidays)
9:30 – 18:00 on Saturday
Languages: English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Tagalog, Portuguese, Indonesian, Thai, Spanish and Nepal
The above information was provided by the Human Rights Education Division, the City of Hiroshima on February 25, 2020.