Support for companies struggling because of COVID-19
Consultation services for business owners experiencing trouble as a result of COVID-19
(The following offices open 8:30 am-5:15 pm, Monday-Friday.)
For consultations about loans
- Business Placement Promotion Division, City of Hiroshima Tel: 082-504-2241 Fax: 082-504-2259
- Business Innovation Division, Hiroshima Prefecture Tel: 082-513-3321
For consultations about business concerns
- Hiroshima City Small and Medium Enterprise Support Center Tel: 082-278-8032 Fax: 082-278-8570
- Commerce Promotion Division, City of Hiroshima Tel: 082-504-2236 Fax: 082-504-2259
COVID-19-related Subsidy Program for Sustaining Businesses (METI)
- Businesses are eligible if their sales have decreased by 50% or more due to COVID-19 (year-on-year monthly comparison).
- This subsidy is not only for mid-sized companies and small-medium enterprises (SMEs), but also for micro-enterprises, individual business operators including freelancers. However, large enterprises with over 1 billion yen of capital are excluded.
- A wide variety of corporations such as medical corporations, agricultural corporations and NPOs are also eligible for this subsidy.
- Corporations can get up to 2 million yen, and self-employed people can get up to 1 million yen. (The actual amount will depend on your year-on-year fall in sales.)
For more information, please go to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) website: https://www.meti.go.jp/english/covid-19/index.html#10
To apply, please go to the subsidy secretariat office’s website: https://www.jizokuka-kyufu.jp
For consultation about the subsidy, please contact the Subsidy Consultation Call Center.
Hours: 8:30 am – 7:00 pm (In May and June: Every day From July to December: Monday to Saturday)
IP Telephone: 03-6831-0613
If you can speak and understand Japanese, please contact the above offices directly.
If you need an interpreter, you can contact Hiroshima City Consultation Service for International Residents or Hiroshima Prefecture’s Counseling Services for Foreign Residents.